Google

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy (Late) Turkey Day!

I a, sorry loyal readers, I have been away from the desk with family for the last week, hanging at a hotel, and working on some musical stuff with my bud J.R. (from our band, Fatty and Fish Head), as well as shredding the crap out of the UBER - Worthy "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" as I recognize our potential. But just because you crave what we have, here's an article for ya.

Americans are reading a hecka lot less.

That's according to a 99-page study, "To Read or Not to Read: A Question of National Consquence," released Monday by the National Endowment for the Arts as a follow-up to a 2004 NEA survey, "Reading at Risk," that found an increasing number of adult Americans were not even reading one book a year. But rest assured, your 9 year old bundle of joy is in great hands, because over half of the 9 year old people read for fun and were sufficient or better in a study. On average, Americans ages 15 to 24 spend almost two hours a day watching TV, and only seven minutes of their daily leisure time on reading. And as far as i am concerned, that 7 minutes includes reading post-it notes left for them and flipping through TV Guide. Dang! Just leaf through a Judy Blume or a Stephen King will yah? I mean, I am 13, and even I Read for pleasure more than half the time. Once I get ahold on a Dean Koontz, It doesn't hardly close until I go to bed. Night Guys! - Tommy

No comments: